Last Updated June 2016
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Website and the Platform, the Company will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
1. Personal Information
When you sign up to become a Registered User or an Account Client, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, phone number, and e-mail address. To use Polly Portfolio, Account Clients will also need to provide certain personal financial information in response to queries and required information requests made by the Company. And, if you contact us via the Contact Us page, you will need to provide your name, e-mail address, phone number, and postal address. All information that we receive under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.” We do not collect any Personal Information from Visitors, Registered Users, or Account Clients when they use the Website or the Platform, unless they provide such information voluntarily.
2. Other Information.
In addition to the Personal Information, we may collect or receive additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a.From Your Activity. In an ongoing effort to improve the Website and the Platform, we automatically collect certain information when Visitors, Registered Users, and Account Clients access and use the Website and/or the Platform. Such information includes, without limitation, IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website and/or the Platform you visit, log files, and similar information and data.
b.From Cookies. We collect information using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Website and/or Platform. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Website and the Platform may not function properly.
c.From You. You may voluntarily provide us additional information about yourself that does not identify you personally, such as your gender, country, product and service preferences, and other information.
How We Use and Share the Information
You authorize us to use the Personal Information and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve our Website, Platform, products, and services; to process transactions you request; to inform you about our products and services and those of our promotional partners; and to bring you customized content (such as newsletters) based on your activity on the Website and/or the Platform.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- We will access, use, and share the Information as required to fulfill our contractual obligations to you and to address your questions or requests regarding our products, services, and/or support.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our Visitors, Registered Users, Account Clients, Website, Platform, products and services, and those of our promotional partners, we may analyze certain Information in anonymized and aggregate form in order to provide, operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website, Platform, and/or such products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share and/or license this aggregate data to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Website, Platform, and these products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company or others.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
Registered Users and Account Clients may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to their Personal Information by following the instructions found on the Website and/or the Platform. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Company marketing e-mail. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases. Account Clients cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account with the Company.
How We Protect the Information
We take reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Website and/or the Platform may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
The Website, the Platform and the applicable servers are operated in the United States and elsewhere. Please be aware that your Information, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Website and/or the Platform, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
How to Contact Us